Sunday, 20 April 2014
1. 1765 is after 1830
2.UN Human Rights laws do not apply to Argentina
3. Don't question your government if you like what they say.
4. Senior Statemen will openly release statements that show a level of diplomatic immaturity that would make Mugabe blush.
5. Creating Signs and monuments to a non existent place called Narnia , oops I meant Malvinas.
6. When your inflation rate reaches at least 40 % and your Financial Minister doesn't know basic economics and storms out of a press conference, you start burning British Flags and start calling all Brits Piratas.
7. You worship someone called Cohen who is supposed to be an expert of international law but has no idea of what Uti Posseditis means.
8. You claim other nations are Usurpers but your whole history is based on invasion and occupation.
9. You claim 3000 people are not entitled to live in there own homes but state with no sense of Irony you would do whatever you had to do to defend the motherland.
10. Your nation lives on a perpetual loop of 10 year financial collapses and yet your nation thinks you fix this by creating trade restrictions and stopping moment of money, will work.
11. You attempt to be superior with no reason to suppose the person you are belittle is any less intelligent or knowledgeable that you as an attempt to hide your own insecurities.
12. You claim that someone who's families have lived somewhere for 9 generations is an invader and your own President is only 2 generations Argies.
13. You can say that you want to debate but you write into your constitution that debate is not allowed and once again you fail to see the irony.
14. You can sign in a treaty that any prior claim is null and void but only when it suits you.
15. You can sneakily Usurp a population from Tierra Del Fuego and then blame everyone else for Usurping.
16. You can call nations Piratas but it's ok to steal entire Corporate entities.
Saturday, 19 April 2014
Friday, 18 April 2014
The article written a year after the conflict finished describes how Captain Alberto Jorge Philippi took off from the Rio Grande naval base as a three ship A-4 Skyhawk formation and headed towards the Malvinas at 27,000 feet.
Once Philippi and his colleagues were 100 miles from the islands they dropped to an altitude of 100 feet. Philippi describes how the weather was poor with low clouds and rain as they followed the coast to the southern entrance to the San Carlos sound where they dropped to an altitude of 50 feet.
[Read also: This impressive image was taken 30 years ago today: Argentine A-4B Skyhawks low level attack on HMS Broadsword]
Even though the radar altimeter was set to sound at 30 feet, Philippi mentions how it went off numerous occasions as they sped up the sound towards the British fleet which was in the process of landing thousands of troops from amphibious landing craft.
Philippi then spotted the masts of a ship amongst the rocks at his 11 O’clock and signalled to his colleagues this was to be their target. After closing to the rocks to hide his aircraft and confuse the frigates fire control radar, Philippi turned hard wing tip skimming the wave tops to bring the target onto his nose.
Once Philippi was 1,000 – 1,500 meters from the Frigate (HMS Ardent) he performed a pop-up delivery from around 300 feet, waited for the cross hairs to meet over the bow of the ship and released his weapons.
Once the bombs were away, Philippi turned hard to the right whilst loosing the altitude he had gained to deliver his weapons back down to the 50 feet he was at prior to release.Read more HERE
The Argentinian pilots were extremely brave and they undoubtedly did more damage to the British Forces than any other Argentinian military asset. I shot down an A4Skyhawk at San Carlos with a Rapier Missile.